Tutoring and Its Benefits
The purpose of tutoring is to help students help themselves and to assist or guide them to the point at which they become independent, successful learners.
How do you know if tutoring is needed for you or your child?
There are many possible reasons why you or your child might need tutoring. Here are some of the most important reasons.
- Teacher or counselor recommends tutoring
- Grades are dropping
- Homework seems increasingly difficult
- Extreme anxiety before tests
- Loss of interest in learning
Tutoring can be beneficial in many ways. Here are some of the benefits.
- Provides personalized attention
- Improves grades
- Increases knowledge and understanding of subjects
- Increases motivation to succeed
- Provides intensive practice
- Allows progress at own pace
- Leads to better use of study time
- Improves self-esteem and confidence
- Provides praise, feedback, and encouragement
- Provides review of skills not mastered but no longer taught
Not everyone needs tutoring. But when needed, tutoring can make a great contribution to success.